Легализация / Заверение документов


You can get certain official UK documents 'legalised' by asking the Legalisation Office to confirm that the signature, stamp or seal is from a UK public official.

You might need to do this if an official in another country has asked you to provide a UK document and they have requested it to be legalised.

The Legalisation Office will check the document, including whether the signature, stamp or seal is genuine. They will legalise the document by attaching a stamped official certificate (an 'apostille') to it.

You cannot get documents issued outside the UK legalised using this service. They will need to be legalised in the country they were issued.


Sometimes you need your documents to be certified as 'a true copy of the original', for example, when you apply for something like a bank account or mortgage or making a visa application. You can do it by getting it signed and dated by a solicitor.

On short notice, we can authenticate and legalise documents, copies of documents and translations required for visa and citizenship applications, marriage, business set up, property purchase etc.

Copies of documents that can be certified include:
• passport
• driving licence
• letter from a government department
• bank/building society or credit card statement
• gas, electricity or council tax bill
• letter from a hospital/doctor
• and any other

LS Legal Solicitors offers full assistance with document certification, legalisation and apostille at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office. We are able to get a document legalised using the same day service. By using LS Legal Solicitors you save your time by doing everything in one place.

Please contact our firm on 020 81 44 55 88, via email on info@LSLegaLUK.com or use the contact box to discuss your matter or make an appointment.